The fall brings an increased incidence of flus and colds for kids and parents as well. Below is a list of guidelines to increase resistance to infection.
- Exercise Regularly – People who exercise have stronger immune systems than sedentary individuals.
- Minimize Sugar Consumption – Sugar intake is a well-known immune suppressant.
- Avoid Food Sensitivities – Consumption of food sensitivities cause a tendency to weakened immunity, low energy and congestion. If possible get tested and learn to avoid/treat your food triggers.
- Manage Stress – Regular meditation can be very helpful. I highly recommend “Dr Wrights Cleaning Our Technique” and/or “Conscious Mind Cleansing” to help clear emotional stress and improve sleep.
- Sleep – Go to bed and wake at the same time every day to encourage a proper biorhythym. This will decrease stress on the body and improve sleep quality. If needed a sleep aid can be taken such as Neurexan, Z12, Chamomile etc. Women suffering from menopause symptoms may benefit from oral progesterone.
- Diet – Eat a diet rich in a variety of fruits and vegetables, preferably in season. I like to juice apples, carrots and celery in the fall daily.
- Nutrient Deficiencies – Correct any nutrient deficiencies that you may have. Vitamins A, C, D, and Zinc all play a pivotal role in proper immune function.
- Immune Tonics – Herbs such as Garlic, Echinacea, Reishi mushroom, Astragalus and Elderberry have wide spread effects on immune function. Some studies suggest that they may also extend life expectancy.
- Immune Boosting Homeopathics – Homeopathic remedies such and Engystol, Gripp, Lymphdiaral and Pascoeleucyn can help to prevent and treat colds and flus. For an extra powerful boost these also come in an injectable form.
Please like & share: